Sunday, October 5, 2008

Links I Occasionally Visit Sometimes

I got bored, and figured this blog needed another gimmick. Something other than simple posts to attract viewers, not like it'll make a difference anyways though. I already have polls that are very under-used, but whatever. It's my blog and I can do what I want to.

I'll be honest, I don't know how many times I'll actually update this, will it be daily for a few days and then fall into a deep black hole like my "Video of The Day" thing? It's possible, highly possible actually, but for the fun of it I might as well at least give it a try.

So for the first time ever, on this blog, here are some links I occasionally visit sometimes:

Wordle

By either typing in a bunch of words, or simply pasting in a blog link, you can create amazing "word clouds" with this fun little tool. The more often you type a word, the more emphasis it puts on it in the "word cloud." Word Clouds are basically all the words in varying shapes and colours, which are sometimes put together in an extremely aesthetically-pleasing way. Check it out for yourself by clicking the name. Below is one of the "word clouds" I got after a bit of fiddling, when I put in the link to my blog. As you can see, the word "party" is pretty big, because I've used it so often in my recent politics-related columns (Liberal Party, Democratic Party, every time I mention either, it registers.) Please check this out for yourself, you won't regret it.


Falling Sand

On this site, digital sand, water, and much more falls at a rate you so choose. You can draw walls to stop certain sands form falling, and it'll eventually pile up. You can even pour oil on the sand and then set a flame to
blow it up. The options are plentiful, and it's actually really fun. A bit childish but it's a good way to pass the time... for a couple of minutes. Click the name to check it out.

Cyanide & Happiness

Cyanide & Happiness is a webcomic I discovered a little while back. Updated daily, it's awfully offensive, racist, and downright horrible in every way. Even though I consider myself neither racist or offensive, the comic itself is usually pretty funny. Check it out, but a warning: some of the comics are filled with jokes about some awful things... enjoy.

This may not be their best one, but I was too lazy to search for a classic.


So that's about it for my Links I Occasionally Visit Sometimes, or for short, because it takes a long time to type sometimes, LIOVS. Good day. Or night. Whatever.


2 comments:

Emily said...

i am glad you are a copy cat
wordle rocks

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you for your information.