Tuesday, October 14, 2008

I Voted For Someone Who Won't Win

Yep. My first federal election ever, and I voted for someone who has absolutely no chance of carrying my riding. I guess that's what happens when you live in the most Liberal riding in Canada, in an election called by the incumbent Prime Minister to get a majority government instead of a minority one.

In the last election, the incumbent MP from my riding (Irwin Cotler,) won by a staggering 18,000 votes. His conservative opponent, Rafael Tzoubari, seems to be gaining some ground on him, but it will still be a blowout election. Even a dog could run as a Liberal in this riding and still win.

Anyways voting in my first election, however pointless it was, was still an experience. I didn't vote Liberal, but my one vote may make a 0.00001% difference in the total popular vote, or something like that.

Check back later tonight for some updates as the results come in.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey very nice blog!! Man .. Beautiful .. Amazing .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also...