Sunday, October 5, 2008

Has It Really Come To This?

It's 2:32 on a Saturday Night. I have to wake up in about 6 hours to get ready for a Lacrosse game, even though I have absolutely no idea how I'm getting there. I am in no way, shape, or form, tired at all, but I know I must sleep. I figure if I get under my covers, eventually I'll drift into sleep, thereby accumulating the rest I need for tomorrow's early start.

So what do I do, just go under the covers and get it done with? No. My attention span is too short. I'm not tired, so I'd get bored too quickly. So I pace around my room for something to do in bed (get your minds out of the gutter.) Sports Illustrated? I have a stack in my room...nah actually, read them all. Maxim? Ditto. My new Houston Texans coffee table book? too big too hold. The Beatles' Anthology? Too many words on one page. An almanac? I know I'm a trivia nerd, but way too ADD for that right now. It sued to be when I'd get bored like this I'd resort to watching movies in my bed, but my portable DVD player is broken.

Gameboy? Nah I may be immature, but I've had enough of Pokemon to last me for a while. So what do I resort to? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. Yes. You read that right.

I re-read this book sometime last year, and getting back into it was great, except the times where I'd start reading at, let's say 1:30, and finish at 4:00. The day I got the book I started reading around 4:00pm (I was at camp.) And stopped only to eat between then and when I finished sometime late that night. I guess one could say I'm a bit fo a freak, but once I get into something like this I can't put it down.

So once again I'm about to dive into the black hole that is Harry Potter. Hopefully I'll be asleep by four.

UPDATE: Five minutes after I originally wrote this post and I can't even keep my "A.D.D." in check enough to star treading it. I guess I have to suck it up or I'll be awake all night. Sucks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i cannot even tell you how many times i have re read all of them. except the 3rd, i lost it somewhere. it's addictive.