Sunday, March 23, 2008

Confessions of a Teenage Insomniac

Some people are gifted. They can get up from whatever they're doing and decide; "O.K., time for me to go to sleep." I am not that lucky.

I usually end up staying on my computer, procrastinating, until late at night. By the time I get into my bed, before sleeping I usually read a book or magazine for a few minutes (sometimes even hours) before I am ready for bed. Ironically, when it comes to sleeping, I become a perfectionist. My door must be closed. My closet must be fully shut, as should my window shade be lest a ray of sunshine wake me up. At that point if I'm lucky, I can fall asleep. So I guess I'm not much of an insomniac, just a lazy sleep-perfectionist who likes to stay up late.

Why am I telling you this? I have absolutely no idea. Mainly because I don't really want to go to bed yet and can't think of anything else to do, but also because I am fulfilling my obligation.

When I started this blog I committed to giving my readers (however scarce they may be,) daily posts ranging no every possible topic. Hence the name, The Blender. Unfortunately my laziness started becoming a factor and I stopped writing posts. It's not like it was a bad news week, far from it.

There was the whole Elliot Spitzer scandal, March Madness, and more, yet I still couldn't muster up a simple post. And that's why you have me writing now, almost 3:30 in the morning, when there is nothing I would rather do but sleep. Yet I am still here, fulfilling my duties.

I guess I should stick to the "Confessions" theme and find something to confess. Hm. Well I can honestly say that I...um...see usually I can find something to say right about here. I have a very open mind and if you know me well enough I am likely to divulge almost any secret I might have. Maybe sometimes even if you don't know me. I also like to call myself a good writer, one who can think of any topic at random and write on it, yet here I am, awake past 3am with not a trace of alcohol, drugs, or caffeine in my system, and I can't find anything to write.

I understand the few of you who check my blog might have missed me while I wasn't writing. I don't want to let you down again, so I'm going to try and keep this going now, and actually update this blog frequently, or at the very least, daily. Please tell your friends about it, the more readers the better, and feel free to put any comments at all on any individual posts.

Actually, I'm gonna take this opportunity to re-introduce this blog. For those of you who don't already know, "The Blender" started off as a sports blog/column in the Dawson newspaper The Plant. I would usually write about whatever was going on in the sports world, often all in one post. Hence the name. A little while ago I kept the blender theme but changed the topics a bit.

My posts now talk about whatever is going on in the world in general. Or at least my world. So far most of my posts have been about the 2008 Election, mainly the Democratic race. If you aren't at all interested in it, don't be afraid, because I often talk about music, sports, movies, and anything really. Also, whatever album I decide to listen to while I write my blog I put as the "Album of the Day" in the right sidebar. There's also a delegate tally and a presidential poll there.

Anyways that's all for now. Sorry for the infrequent posting, I'll try to keep doing it more often.

No comments: